Re: <eyebeam><blast> Barthes, Derrida and Deleuze/Guattari

  the collaborative project of CYBERPIDGIN
    the new pidgin following the trade routes of the internet
  forming a discourse syncretically
   hybrid, creole eventually
  through exchanges between unlike, different, incommensurable
    (incommensurable!)
  cultures and experience.

  I offer this example on the trading block.

  In my culture,  THEORY is read, spoken, written.
    for example
    NIETZSCHE,
     ON THE GENEALOGY OF MORALS
     third essay
     on the ascetic ideal

    (keeping in mind that I came upon the passage I am about to show
        having already read it previously years ago
        and as one page among countless others
        --for theory is read here--)

   **Oh,what does science not conceal today! how much, at any rate, is
        it __meant__ to conceal!  The proficiency of our finest
scholars, their
        heedless industry, their heads smoking day and night, their very
        craftsmanship--how often the real meaning of all  this lies in
        the desire to keep something hidden from oneself!  Science as a
         means of self-narcosis:
        __do you have experience of that__?**

     My response to this passage was an absolute yes:
        it describes my experience of scholarship.
    not as a criticism of what others do
        but as a naming of my own practice.
    Not as a revelation either, but as a confirmation
    since I had named already this feeling by finding a
     certain parallel with the TV series THE FUGITIVE
    (NOT the film).

Question.  Dilemma
        I  have no idea WHAT the science is hiding.

   tell me,then
   what is your experience
        EXPERIENCE that is
   of science/research/scholarship?