Re: <eyebeam><blast> Barthes, Derrida and Deleuze/Guattari

On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, Paul D. Miller wrote:

> mine) of psychiatry. On the other hand, analytic instruction would
> include branches of knowledge which are remte from medicine and which
> the doctor does not come across in practice: the history of
> civilization, mythology, the psychology of religion and the science of
> literature. Unless he is at home in these areas, an analyst can make
> nothing of a large amount of his material...
>
> I would say the same, but of the theory types that stick to strict
> interpretation of the ideas of people, rather than observing the
> actual conditions of a world that has rendered much of Euro theory
> obsolete. Its a big, multi cultural world.

      such is the dilemma of CYBERPIDGIN
  (culture follows the trade routes).

   we are given to understand, intuitively as well as from the
testimonies of the experts, that
        individual EXPERIENCE
           and
        collective REALITY
 have separated and are ever more disjunctive

hence the COGNITIVE MAPPING project of Fredric Jameson et al.

  Would natural scientists claim that it is possible to experience
  their object of study?
  Social scientists?
  Do theorists of culture claim that it is possible to experience
  their object of study?

  in any case
  the abstractions of knowledge name impossibilities.
   negative numbers
   the unconscious.
   whatever -ism

   the relevance of Eurotheory
   is bound up with the relevance of theory
   tel quel.
   When PHYSICS is obsolete
                (and it will be one day)
   then EUROTHEORY also