Re: <eyebeam><blast> The Net and the Art Media

Athena Tacha <rspear@ufl.edu> wrote:

>"Consensus between people who have no or few shared interests" is
>certainly important for making (or breaking) artists.  However, how
>much is it influenced by connections or powerful dealers...

Reading this, I realized how archaic the suddenly Art World sounds!
Up until  moment ago, I  felt that, living in New Mexico _I'm_ in a time
warp.
Now I see that it's New York that's spinning round & round in the
marketplace of its own making; artists, critics, curators, collectors,
hugging each other.
While further visions, nascent mediums, risky discussions, continue
somewhere else;
like here, like on the web.

Best,
Joel