Re: <eyebeam><blast> Astronomical hindsight

>Any thoughts on what happens to the behavior of those using distance
>technologies when they are not online?  Do they/we begin to experience
>themselves/ourselves differently and so begin to act differently in our
>immediate setting?

I can tell of one experience of mine, one which I think, Greg,  I
mentioned to you some time ago in a different setting, but will repeat
for the people here.
It was a dream I had during a night of great pain.
I dreamed that I could delete the pain out of my somatic program,  just
as one uninstalls a computer program.
When I woke up, I realized how cybernetic protocols were beginning to
change my psyche, even before actual organic hardware has been
installed.
It was desparation that cornered me and showed me, organically, the
direction we will be traveling toward the future of ourselves.

Best,
Joel

Joel Weishaus
Writer-In-Residence