Re: <eyebeam><blast> the Net as medium/Other

I like Saul Anton's approach to this question.  Less rhetorical zing and
more honest inquiry is a good thing.

The postal system is not a plastic medium, but letters are.  Similarly,
I think the Internet is not necessarily a plastic media, but Web pages
are.  I think this attribute of Web pages is a fundamental piece of the
nature of HTML and the Web.  It is reflected in the startling explosion
of acceptance in the early history of that part of the Internet called
the World Wide Web.  This is tied to, but not the same as, the reason I
think HTML is here to stay.  There is a basic fundamental usability that
was far more important to the rise of HTML than all the hype and
business issues.

- Stephen Linhart