Re: <eyebeam><blast> Art and Media

On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Robert Simon wrote:

> which is what I don't want to do. It's more interesting to think about
> what constitutes a discipline (or a discourse) in say, Foucauldian
> terms, and/or in terms of Gramscian hegemony and/or Kuhnian paradigms
> (these last coming up comparatively rarely in relation to the nascent
> or potential field of "net-criticism").

   Hello Robert
   I would be interested in your thoughts about whether "disciplines" as
a way of dividing up knowing and problem-solving are relative to
literacy, both its strengths and limitations; and whether or in what way
the internet might be developed as a support for a more holistic
collaborative approach to knowledge and problem-solving across the
practices of specialization?

 thanks
Greg Ulmer