Re: <eyebeam><blast> Other

I agree with Tim Jordan: there are laready Others on the Net and there
is already dominance. I have written about cybersegmentations and the
structures of power on the Net.

Robert Atkins writes of on-line life affecting off-line life and back.
Yes, in many ways it does --digital space is embedded and hence cannot
escape the dynamics and presences of off-line. But there is also a
specificity to digital space; this specificity is not a given--except in
some basic technical sense, but even here we could wire the systems with
a different politics?-- it needs to produced--via software, practices,--
sustained, contested, etc.

saskia sassen